The Industry Standard Unit
on nearly every building site in the UK
- Unconditional 12 months warranty on all units
- Unparalleled security with unique anti-vandal features
- Bespoke units tailor-made to your specifications
- Swift efficient delivery to minimise disruption
- In the unlikely event of any problems, we provide on site attendance within 24 hours
MAC Container SiteGuards™ : built to last
6th October 1985
The Broadwater Farm housing estate in Tottenham, north London, scene of one of London’s worst nights of rioting; a night of horrific violence in which the police were pelted with bottles and petrol bombs, cars were overturned and set alight, and buildings were looted.
500 police with shields, helmets and truncheons were called in to try and restore calm. During the fighting, one policeman was stabbed to death and another shot. By midnight over eighty people had been taken to hospital.
Police in riot gear occupied the estate for two months after the riot using police dogs, helicopters and surveillance equipment to maintain calm.
Throughout all the vandalism and violence, however, the MAC Container SiteGuards™ bought by the London Borough of Haringey to store council tools and equipment remained standing – covered in graffiti but intact.
Thanks to the unique security features of the MAC Container SiteGuards™ no council equipment was lost.
- Subframe: 10g (or metric equivalent) Hr4 Mild Steel, welded @ 2’0” pitch.
- Sides & Roof: 16g (or metric equivalent) Hr4 Mild Steel pressed panels.
- Door: 14g (or metric equivalent) Hr4 Mild Steel, double integral locking cams, flush fitting to both jambs.
- Constructed to comply with British Standard Codes of Practice BS CP3, BS CP11 and BS 449 and MoD Approved Defence Standard 05/29 and HSE 93.