Container Housing - Local Authorities
All local authorities can turn brown field sites and wasted space into affordable, secure, desirable homes
MAC Container Homes cost a fraction of bricks & mortar and last a lifetime - a long one
Average TOTAL cost of a MAC Home: £35,000
Average cost of building a traditional 2 bedroom house: £234,531
Average cost of building a traditional 3 bedroom house: £302,812
(Figures compiled by Checkatrade)
- Ready to occupy in days, rather than months
- Able to comply with all Building Regulations
- Minimise groundworks (and with wondering when the builders will turn up)
- And they look great into the bargain
Adaptable, comfortable, economical, yet aspirational, MAC homes enable local authorities to create affordable social housing, fulfilling the needs and wants - whether temporary or permanent - of:
- young couples on the bottom rung of the housing ladder
- homeless who've fallen through the safety net**
- newly single older folk
- anyone who arrives on your desk as an 'issue' - but should be a 'citizen'... proud to live in one of our homes
As most local authorities agree, house-proud citizens are good citizens
Every member of our complex society can benefit from a civilised and secure home - whether for life or simply as a launch pad into a successful tax-paying future.
* More proof that low-cost high-density housing can enhance any neighbourhood.
Here's a typical example:
**Brown Field to Green Future
Global warming hasn't yet consigned winter to history. Most years, British temperatures still fall to well below zero.
Just imagine being homeless - yet, for whatever reason, more and more people are. Why on earth should this be?
As industry contracts... online expands... commerce and even retail close down, or move out of town... the supply of brown field sites - just waiting for development - grows... all that's needed is a purposeful joint initiative by local authorities, housing associations - and a company like MAC Containers.
MAC and Yellow Road Housing Co-operative are working with local authorities to create pop-up eco solutions to housing crises in British towns and cities
The result is modular communities, temporary or permanent, using cutting edge technology, including solar panels and bio gas to fuel everyday living.
Affordable Homes to be proud of:
- As this portfolio demonstrates, a typical MAC container-based modular home can be as stylish as it is sturdy
- Greater security, convenience and versatile accommodation than the majority of traditional buildings - and a lot more economical to run
- It embodies the engineering integrity built into all our leakproof, thief-proof, condensation-proof and fire-proof containers
- How long will a MAC Home last? Ask us again in another hundred years; or more...
- On the other hand, if the current housing location is a temporary need - you can move a MAC home without too much upheaval
Ready to move in!
MAC homes are easily transported to wherever they are needed (and wanted) and assembled in less than a day
Bristol's Launch Pad Project shows what can be achieved while watching every penny
Time to talk?
No time like the present - before the next housing issue temporary or permanent - raises its costly head