Container Housing - Private Buyers
My Home! Our Home! Yes - Your Home. All paid for
In an age of silly property prices*, soaring rents and rocketing utility bills, this is for real
MAC Prices start at around £25,000 for a brand-new, comfortable home that looks this good and saves money all round
Whether you're a first-time buyer, newly single, downsizing, planning an annexe for guests or grown-up children - an investment that will add value to your existing property... it's a very tempting opportunity, isn't it?
* Based on survey by trusted experts Checkatrade.
Average cost of a MAC home
Average cost of building a traditional 2 bedroom house
Average cost of building a traditional 4 bedroom house
Serious Savings, every day of the week
- Better insulation than most bricks & mortar homes
- Lower maintenance than most bricks & mortar homes
- More thief-proof than almost any bricks & mortar home
Better equipped than most bricks & mortar homes
- Delivered, ready for connection to services
- Convector heating
- Fully-fitted kitchen and bathroom
Ready sooner than ANY bricks & mortar home
- A typical traditional home takes a year to complete
- A MAC home takes days
Yet a MAC Home is built to last a lifetime: - a long one. How long?... put it this way: your MAC home will probably outlive all of us
AND THAT'S NOT ALL. IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE PLOT YOU MAY NOT EVEN NEED PLANNING PERMISSION
Despite comfortably outlasting most people, a MAC Container Home often doesn't count as a permanent building. Strange but very useful.
If you don't yet have a plot, here are a few tips on finding one:
- Approach anyone who might sell or lease you part of their large garden
- Look for unused backland or garage plots
- Explore derelict buildings due for demolition
- Head into the countryside or to the coast
- Opt for a Serviced Plot - land conforming to the Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015. This will be ready to build on from Day One - but inevitably, it will cost more than a plot that needs the usual paperwork
- Green Field. Strike up a relationship with a farmer
- Brown Field. Speak to Local Authorities. They may well greet you with open arms
"What about a mortgage?"
An increasing number of companies are happy to finance MAC Container Homes. They have the sense to understand how well they stack up to most traditional homes. Just check online.
"Can I really make all this real?"